Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The 4th of July Weekend

This last weekend Alisha and I were able to drive to Utah to see Alisha's family.

We drove up the Las Vegas the first night and we stayed in the New York New York hotel. It is always nice to split up the that long drive by staying there and it was a pretty nice hotel.

The next day we drove the rest of the way to Draper and got in town just in time to help Alisha's parents take there 6 week old puppies to the vet for there shots, all eight of them. They were a handful but very cute.

The next day was the 4th of July and we went and saw Hancock in the theater. After seeing it, i would give it 2 1/2 stars out of 4 for those of you wanting to see it. After the movie, we had a BBQ with Alisha's family and her grandparents came over and joined us. We had a good time and it was nice to see family. We then went to the fireworks in Sandy and took two of the puppies with us to see if we could find them a home. It was a good 4th and i think we found a good home for at least one of the puppies.

The next day we started the day by hiking up to Timpanogos Cave with Alisha's family. It had a long time since the last time I had been there and i forgot how steep a hike it was. It was still fun to go up to the cave and through it.

After the cave Alisha and I went to go pick up a u-haul trailer so we could take a washer and dryer and table back with us that Alisha's parents gave us. When we got there we had to wait an hour before someone would help us, then when he did help us he got the trailer all hooked up loosely and one of the blinkers on the trailer didn't even work. Instead of fixing it he sent us miles down the road with a loosely connected trailer and no blinker to another u-haul place. In all it took us 2 hours the get a trailer. By the way, thanks to Alisha's parents for the washer, dryer and table.

After we got back we were able to go out and visit our niece Katherine's grave. It was nice to be able to go see her grave since I was unable to make it to her funeral. When we got there it took a while for us to find the grave but eventually we found it, cleaned it up and left some flowers.

After we went to the cemetery we had to rush over to the theater to see Wall-E. I would give this movie 2 1/2 stars out of 4. It was a decent movie just not great.

The next day we headed back to Arizona. This was my first time towing a trailer so it was a new experience and it was a long trip because we had to drive slow. The truck did well and got us here with the trailer with out any problems. I was proud of my trailer backing when we got back. I had never backed a trailer before and i backed it in right were i wanted it so i had to take a picture.

1 comment:

melly said...

Trucks do come in handy (as noted in your previous blog)! Thanks for visiting Katherine. It's nice to know that she is remembered.

It sounds like you had a good trip and kept busy. I'm sorry to read your not-so-good review of Hancock. That was a movie I was looking forward to seeing.