Thursday, August 20, 2009

Grandpa Strong

Yesterday morning i received a call from my father informing me that my grandpa Strong passed away. This has given me some time to think about the great memories i have had of that great man. I really love this picture that many others in the family have posted to their blogs. This picture reminds me of the love my grandpa had for music. I always enjoyed listening to him play the piano. He would play using the black keys and his music had a very distinct sounds that will always remind me of him. I also remember how kind and loving he was to all those around him. He would always give me a big hug before i would leave and tell me he loved me. I also will remember the love he had for his wife. I will always remember him calling my grandma his sweetheart and never once did I see them argue. My grandpa also was able to give my my patriarchal blessing and seal me and Alisha in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all eternity. For these and many other reasons I will miss my grandpa dearly. I look forward to the day when I can see him again in the next life.Families are forever

2 comments:

Staci said...

I was so sorry to hear about your grandpa passing. I hope you both are able to make it up to Utah for the funeral. Thank goodness that we know Families are Forever!

Celeste said...

We are so happy to hear you guys are pregnant!!! Thats wonderful :)Our kids can be friends.