Friday, February 18, 2011

Exercise

I am really starting to hate you.  I am beginning to wonder what the point is.  Why do i try to watch what I eat and exercise 4-5 times a week, if all it is going to do for me is make me gain weight.  I went through Thanksgiving and Christmas eating whatever I wanted and not exercising at all and I LOST weight.

I am going to be brutally honest.

-After baby I was 165/ pant size 13
-3 months after baby I was 160/ pant size 13
-The beginning of November I was at 150/ pant size 11-13 after working out twice a day, 5-6 days a week and not eating sugar but once a week.
-As soon as I stop exercising I am at 144 and size 11 while eating anything and everything I want.
-January as soon as I start exercising I am back at 150.
-Today, February 18, I am still at 150, pant size 13 are actually tight to put on, and I exercise 4-5 days a week and have some sweets once in a while.  

Do I really have to go back to those weeks of no sugar and exercising twice a day?  Really?  All I want is to be healthy and look nice.  I have accepted I am not getting back to the size 9, 135 girl I was before Rusty.  But I do want to see some kind of progress, maybe feel my jeans loosen a bit, when I put forth the effort.

Sorry for the rant.  I just really started this year with a good attitude and was having fun exercising.  I am starting to not have fun and getting frustrated with not seeing progress.  I really want to become a person who enjoys exercising. 

Any advice or words of encouragement?

2 comments:

Ronya said...

you can do it!!! I always tell myself... I feel better, sleep better and have more energy through out the day when I work out. Also, I tell myself its a marathon not a sprint. long term goal not short term. oh and ps: I havent worked out since a week before we came to see you and you saw how much junk I ate, I lost weight! not a ton but enough to make me smile. let the workouts begin again!!! we really are like sisters!! same issues. When we saw you guys I thought you looked good. so whatever you are doing... keep it up!

Kristi @ Lolly Jane said...

Not gonna lie- hCg worked like a CHARM for me (15# and yep, I kept it off!) but the key to enjoying exercise is finding what you like. I hate the floor @ the gym but like the classes. Try this: Take Rusty with some toys to the local hs track and run around it while he plays in the middle :) I'm no expert but I have a love/hate relationship with exercise, too! lol

PS: I've decided to go by measurements vs. weight. There's nothing worse than working your booty off to see you've gained! Arg!